2 Easy Thrift Flips! 


I love finding items at the thrift store that can look amazing with a little TLC. Sometimes an item has a lot of potential, but it just needs a few modifications to be just right! Here are two easy DIY's that I tried out for the first time! And I have to say, they turned out pretty great for it being my first try! 

Cropped Hoodie 

I saw this DIY idea on YouTube and had the perfect sweatshirt that I had bought from Salvation Army.

Here is the before photo of my sweatshirt. As you can see, it is just a pretty simple red sweatshirt. I liked the USA Olympic ring logo at the top right, but it gets lost in such a large, bright sweatshirt. 


Here is the after picture of my sweatshirt! 

Cropping this sweatshirt made a huge difference! It took it from an oversized boring sweatshirt to a cute and trendy one! It wasn't too hard to do and for my first time, I have to say it went pretty well!

I followed this YouTube tutorial   to make this. It was super helpful and explained everything you need to know! The sweatshirt probably took me around 20 minutes to make, give or take! 

I highly recommend trying this easy DIY to transform a boring sweatshirt into a trendy fashion piece! 

High Neck Sweater 

I love high neck sweaters with vests in the wintertime! But sometimes they can get expensive! I took this cheap one from goodwill and transformed it into a cute and wearable top! 

Here is the before picture of the sweater. I wasn't really able to wear this before because it was a mens top, so it was very long. However I knew this shirt would be so cute if I shortened it up. 


Here is the picture after I shortened it! 


This is a pretty easy DIY and a great project for a beginner at sewing! 

Materials needed:
-pins 
-sewing machine 
-scissors 
-Fabric marker (optional) 

Steps: 
1) First, turn your shirt inside out. Then mark what length you want your shirt to be. I used a safety pin to do this, but if you have a fabric marker that would work too. 
2) Cut across the shirt about a half inch below where you marked for seam allowance. 
3) Fold the material to the length you want your shirt to be and pin all the way around. 
4) Sew the bottom all the way around remembering to backstitch to start and finish the stich. I used a quarter inch seam allowance. 

Trying to explain how to sew something can be difficult. There are many of videos on YouTube that will show you how to do this. 

I loved this project! It made this frumpy and large shirt something really cute and fashionable. And the shirt was only $5!!

Scrunchie 


This is a bonus project that I did with the extra fabric from the last DIY. Here is the YouTube video that I followed to learn how to make this scrunchie! It was super fast and easy! Plus its a great way to use up some extra fabric. 


Hope you all enjoyed these few quick DIY's! Let me know in the comments if you would like to see more thrift flips!






Comments

Popular Posts